The Demand Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining the forecasts for new and current products, as well as promotions for all Pampered Chef markets. The position is highly visible, collaborative, and highly impactful to the business. The individual will partner with Sales, Marketing and Finance to meet sales and service level objectives. Decision making is data driven, analytical so technical skills are a must for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintains, analyzes and updates monthly item forecasts, including new products for all markets.
- Perform promotional analysis and develop promotional forecasts for all markets.
- Create analytical/statistical reports to support demand planning, such as forecasting exceptions and forecasting error.
- Subject matter expert in demand planning, forecasting, and inventory meetings.
- Maintain product maintenance systems and provide technical support with process improvements and demand planning initiatives.
- Review Demantra parameters and tune forecasting engine to improve forecasting accuracy and eliminate forecasting bias.
- Participate in policy and process improvement projects to ensure synchronization of product demand and supply, and improve demand planning.
- Establish best practices and operate to support world class levels of forecasting, inventory management and KPI’s.
- Strong analytical, data driven skills required.
- Deep investigative, statistical and problem-solving skills required.
- Knowledge of Demantra required.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting/demand planning techniques required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, Excel, databases, and analytical tools required.
- High proficiency in Oracle OBIEE reports preferred.
- Presentation development and presentation skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Measures of Success:
- Forecast Accuracy, Inventory turns, and Fill Rates.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Supply Chain/Statistics required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in demand planning required.
- IBF Professional Forecaster certificate preferred.