About the Business Development Manager Role:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for overall Canada growth by owning the strategies that drive business results by managing the programs that support our sales and recruiting efforts of consultants, senior consultants, team leaders and directors. In this role, you are responsible for owning the functions around sales, recruiting, retention and develop that motivate our independent sales force. You will drive the programs that increase sales and recruiting, promote retention and director development through variety of touchpoints, events and programs; delivering training, support and promotions.
As a member of the team, you can expect to work on:
- Drive the sales & recruiting efforts of consultants, senior consultants, team leaders and directors by providing sales and recruiting strategies, techniques and training. Assess skills and development needs of consultants & directors and provides significant feedback on all areas of field support & management.
- Develop a field-visit plan that would support all consultant levels by attending Team Meetings / Events as well as National and Leadership Conferences. Actively deliver coaching and provide guidance to help Directors lead their team and consultants to promote through the different career plan levels.
- Develop the overall training strategy and curriculum for the new Consultant to the top Director. Manage a team that will assist in the implementation and administration of field programs.
- Assist in the development and execution of field incentive trips and the annual National and Leadership Conferences.
- Accountable for the planning of workshops, speakers, training sessions and content for field meetings/trips/retreats.
- Manages recruiting & sales KPIs and implements strategies to increase results
- Develops and manages the field budget and balancing projects with financial implications.
- Leads discussions and strategy at sales meetings, National Conference & Leadership conferences.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s degreein Business, Marketing or a related field of business preferred
- Minimum 3 years direct sales experience
- Minimum 5 years in sales management experiencerequired
- High level of professionalismand ability to act as a role model for internal staff
- Ability to traveloccasionally as required (less than 25% of the time)
- Creative thinkingand the ability to approach things differently
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do
- Hunger for continuous improvement and a desire to be challenged
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team to build relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Tenacity to get things done in a complex, cross-functional global environment
- Demonstrated skills of diplomacy, listening and ability to build rapportand trust with Consultant and Field Directors
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants in the United States, Canada and Germany and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.