About the role:
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade that involves; electrical installations/alterations, maintaining and repairing electrical wiring systems, fixtures, transformers, PLC controls relating to conveyors, PTL (Pick-to-Light) systems, data wiring and telephone system. Additional responsibilities include performing maintenance or tasks in other building trades such as plumbing, HVAC, welding, carpentry or other craft to maintain the building.
About the team:
The facilities team plays a critical role in keeping all equipment operational by performing scheduled preventive maintenance and getting the equipment up and running when break-downs occur. This is a challenging but rewarding environment where each member contributes to the company success.
What you will do:
-Troubleshoots problems associated with our PTL (Pick-to-Light) system and conveyor controls - PLC. Works with vendors as needed to solve issues with the systems.
- Performs electrical maintenance including but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent/fluorescent/LED bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, new electrical wiring, etc)
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility equipment including but not limited to conveyors, heating and cooling units, compressors, carton erector equipment, generators, forklifts, pallet jacks, garbage dumpsters, ice machines, floor sweeping equipment, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Performs plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, installing new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs painting, carpentry, drywall, and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Perform grounds maintenance included but not limited to cultivating soil, planting flowers, removing trees/shrubs, shoveling snow, salting sidewalks/parking lots and patching pot holes.
- Ability to identify and source parts from various online retailers or nearby stores- seeking quality and lowest costs.
- Performs work-orders as assigned by a supervisor or via the facilities automated computer system.
Skills you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Electrician certificate from a vocational school, required.
- 5+ years of experience working as a journeyman performing electrical repairs on conveyors and machinery, required
- Extensive knowledge of electrical trade (tools and equipment), including PC circuitry, required
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the electrical trade and the safety precautions required. Must display of Safety First behavior. Ability to work in a safe manner using PPE and adhere to defined safety regulations at all times.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, required
- Ability to read and interpret sketches, diagrams and blueprints, required
- Ability to operate scissor lift and forklift, required
- Determines what parts need to be replaced on conveyor and other electrical systems.
- Determines what machines need to be locked out and de-energized before performing repairs.
- Determines what tools and equipment are needed to perform repairs.
- May be appointed to act as project lead when working with other coworkers in the facilities department to complete preventative maintenance repair tasks.
- Ensures mechanical systems are repaired and maintained correctly to minimize machine breakdown, which may potentially affect production.
- Ensures all department tools and equipment are returned to a secure location to avoid tools being taken or misplaced.
- Helps Supervisor/Manager minimize overtime payroll expense through efficient prioritization of work.
- Must be able to model our company Core Values – respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion and innovation. Display teamwork and a positive attitude at all times.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.