About the role:
The Sr. Global Sourcing Manager will lead development & implementation of strategic sourcing strategies, provide leadership and direction to sourcing teams (both US and China) ensuring best in class quality, costs and services. The role will be a commercial leadership role to manage supplier relationships, product costs and deliver on key established/agreed KPI’s.
This individual should be highly skilled in negotiations, with strong analytics background and problem-solving mindset.
About the team:
This role will be part of the product and supply chain team whose primary responsibilities include execution of new products, identifying the right sources of supply, supply chain, performance excellence and logistics with the goal to deliver best in class cost, timing and agreed quality. This team collaborates very closely with the cross functional teams to deliver overall business results.
What you will do:
- Manage vendor relationships and product supply base.
- Lead to define and implement key strategic sourcing strategies/initiatives to optimize supply base.
- Leads the exercise to evaluate supplier capabilities with respect to TPC expectations and recommends best suited suppliers.
- General Contract Negotiations, product supply agreements, pricing agreements etc. to incorporate favorable terms and conditions to achieve the best quality while supporting product price and delivery objectives.
- Lead sourcing activities to support NPD and conduct supplier base evaluation for new and future innovations.
- Pricing negotiations will be conducted by this position. This includes payment terms, tooling costs, and FOB points. This position must ensure that there is competitive pricing on all items.
- Constantly evaluate the regions for product supply globally with idea to provide best in class cost, service and quality.
- Lead and or participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvements in cost management, re-sourcing initiatives, cross functional and/or departmental processes/procedures/work instructions and cost reduction initiatives.
Skills you will need:
- BS/BA in Engineering/materials or Business Administration, or related field required. MBA a plus
- 7-10 years of Sourcing experience of components and finished goods in a fast-paced corporate environment including experience with both domestic and international Suppliers.
- 5 to 7 years of managerial experience required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Professional certification preferred but not necessary (e.g., Institute of Supply Management – CPSM, Next Level Purchasing – SPSM)
- Strong negotiations skills and demonstrated ability to generate large cost reduction savings on stakeholder required quality level of services
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and keen detail orientation are critical. Capable of taking data, sorting relevant facts, and providing solutions
- Negotiation and Supplier management skills required with an emphasis on international protocol preferred.
- Strong project management skills required along with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and staff while supporting frequently changing priorities.
Technology you will use:
MS Office, Outlook, Analytics tools and Oracle.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.