About the role:
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair procedures on the facility. This includes a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, or other craft to maintain the building.
About the team:
The facilities team plays a critical role in keeping all equipment operational by performing scheduled preventive maintenance and getting the equipment up and running when break-downs occur. This is a challenging but rewarding environment where each member contributes to the company success.
What you will do:
- Perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment including but not limited to conveyors, heating and cooling units, compressors, carton erector equipment, generators, forklifts, pallet jacks, garbage dumpsters, ice machines, floor sweeping equipment, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Perform electrical maintenance including but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent/fluorescent/LED bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, new electrical wiring, etc)
- Perform plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, installing new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Perform painting, carpentry, drywall, and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Perform grounds maintenance included but not limited to cultivating soil, planting flowers, removing trees/shrubs, shoveling snow, salting sidewalks/parking lots and patching pot holes.
- Identify and source parts from various online retailers or nearby stores- seeking quality and lowest costs.
- Perform work-orders as assigned by a supervisor or via the facilities automated computer system.
Skills you will need:
- High school Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 3-5 Years of related employment in building maintenance and warehouse distribution operations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, light truck and other related motorized equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours and weekend assignments.
- Unwavering display of Safety First behavior. Ability to work in a safe manner using PPE and adhere to defined safety regulations at all times.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50lbs.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.