About the role:
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist aids in the development and management of all sourcing activities, providing value add in the selection and implementation of new suppliers and the management of existing suppliers. Executes and/or supports the Sourcing function for all departments and markets as required.
About the team:
In our cross-functional team environment, the Sr. Sourcing Specialist will interact frequently with the Product Development team, Technical Project Managers/Engineers, Quality team, Supply Chain team, Demand Planning team, Legal team, the Pampered Chef China team, and European/Domestic suppliers. He or she will actively participate in weekly project specific cross-functional team meetings, and regular conference call with the China team.
What you will do:
- Assist in the initiation and execution of all supplier NDAs and contracts, including the communication and tracking of the documents to expedite execution. Initiates and negotiates Supplier master agreements, when applicable, incorporating favorable terms and conditions to achieve the best quality while supporting product price and delivery objectives.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Accounts Payable and Product Development on New Supplier and New Item system set ups.
- Working with the China team, suppliers and SGSM on the execution and finalization of product costs for all new and existing products.
- Seek out and implement cost reductions within all areas of sourcing.
- Coordinate, monitor, and document project status for re-sourcing projects that are being worked on by the Global Sourcing/QA team for the purpose of cost savings.
- Update and maintain outlined cost savings analysis
- Gather and maintain all new and existing product tooling information from the supplier for the Tooling Database.
- Issue purchase orders for all production related tooling, and maintaining the tooling database.
- Monitor and document project status with the support of the SGSM through the preparation and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Supplier Agreements, RFQ/Bid Packages and other documents as applicable to the development and support of a project.
- Assist in the management of Supplier issues as required, including but not limited to evaluating Supplier capacity vs. projected peak demand, minimum order requirements, lead times, exceptions to payment terms and/or costs
- Attend all Sourcing Status meetings, cross functional team meetings and supplier meetings as required and provide weekly updates on action items.
- Schedule and set up for all supplier meetings.
- Assist in the reconciling of invoices, resolution of payments & balancing / closing purchase orders.
- Support SGSM with data analysis, supplier evaluation, and supplier strategy through collaboration with internal groups and suppliers.
- Update supplier spending summaries and provide in-depth analytics of supplier spending and other related trends for SGSM and senior management as needed.
- Assist in the onboarding and development of new suppliers.
- Update and maintain the supplier database.
Skills you will need:
- BA Degree in Business or related industries, or related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in global product sourcing required; housewares experience highly desirable.
- Extremely detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of general finance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of global product sourcing required. Experience working with overseas team members and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and keen detail orientation are critical.
- Negotiation and Supplier management skills required with an emphasis on international protocol preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Well-developed, professional communication skills, both written (vendor correspondence, business memos, power point presentations) and verbal, required.
- Ability to interact and work effectively at multiple organizational levels within and outside the Company required.
- High level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with strategic sourcing concepts, including:
- Supplier pricing negotiation strategy
- Contractual negotiation and contract management process and insight
- Supplier performance management
- Supplier risk analysis
About Pampered Chef
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.