What you’ll do
You’ll partner closely with our executives, providing proactive and strong operational support. You will need to be able to handle a wide range of administrative support tasks and juggle diverse responsibilities. This role will support up to three Officers on our executive team.
As a member of our Executive Assistant Team, you can expect:
- Heavy calendar management - manage meetings, travel, out of office, important company meetings, and special events.
- Plan events for company leaders including creation and distribution of notices, agendas, and meeting materials, as well as arrange details and coordinating logistics, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications and other team and company-wide messages; make independent decisions regarding level of priority and delegate when appropriate.
- Monitoring, responding to and distributing individual and group communications.
- Prepare and track expense reports.
- Develop and assist with preparation of presentation materials.
- High level of discretion and maturity.
- Assist with projects and events as needed
What you won’t do
We don’t expect that you are our personal assistant – you won’t pick up dry cleaning or plan a kid’s birthday party. You won’t be answering a switchboard or routing calls all day. Don’t expect to sit around and wait for your officers to give you things to do – every day is busy around here! If you prefer to work alone, this probably isn’t the right place for you – we value collaboration and team work. You will work closely with two other Executive Assistants that will have your back and be willing to help out.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Self-starter: can take even the smallest project and run with it to successful completion
- Learns fast: Able to quickly learn to navigate current and new systems, processes and procedures
- Desire to be busy and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is your thing! You got the skills to meticulously and diligently prepare and review emails, schedules, expense reports, meeting materials, etc. and ensure accuracy.
- Organized? It’s your middle name.
- Professionalism – Professional appearance and presentation. Able to handle highest level of confidential information.
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team.
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent formatting skills required. Must be comfortable and capable performing internet research and identifying reliable sources of material, as well as learning new software and skills.
Other Skills/Experience a Plus:
- Education: College degree preferred with college coursework or related experience in business, accounting, or finance preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Three to five years of related experience. Project management or event planning experience encouraged, but not required.
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.