What makes Pampered Chef Unique?
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Human Resources Specialist
In this role, you will be hands on for a wide variety of people practices, programs and tools that bring to life our culture for every coworker.
As a member of the Human Resources/People Operations team, you can expect to work on:
- Develop and implement innovative coworker engagement initiatives such as culture events, round table discussions, fun events, etc.
- Monitors feedback data and engagement; defines metrics to assess retention risks
- Supports initiatives to ensure that HR processes and procedures integrate our culture values and key elements i.e., performance reviews, promotions, development, hiring, etc.
- Design, implement and coordinate all coworker recognition programs, which could include, excellence in achievement, anniversaries, peer-to-peer and any programs.
- Coordinate focus groups, surveys, 1:1 interviews, and any other methodology to support our global coworker engagement initiatives.
- Influence all parts of the onboarding process and back-end operations
- Guide new hires through onboarding – collection of paperwork, enrollment, and orientation
- Assist with collection and analysis of HR metrics to gain insights and to help drive the development of people strategy
- Develop policies, procedures, forms, etc,
- Monthly analytics for departments you support
- Partner with Total Rewards to assist with benefits administration, wellness, compliance reporting
- Manage and update all coworker data in HR systems
- Handle the off-boarding and entire exit process
- Help support the performance management process within our systems, tracking of data and comp cycle responsibilities
- Will partner with Total Rewards to provide support to assigned teams in all areas with a focus and expertise in LOA, FMLA, ADA, workers compensation. You will be assisting and communicating to problem solve with our team on a daily basis.
- Assist coworkers and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding benefits, leave practices, policy, etc.
- Audit data in the HRIS system to ensure proper administration of benefits, LOA, local taxes, etc.
What we’re looking for in a team member:
- Background in HR operations and/or project management with a passion for service and creating processes that better serve our coworkers and People Leaders.
- Creative thinking and the ability to approach things differently
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do
- Hunger for continuous improvement and a desire to be challenged
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or demonstrated experience required
- 2-5 years related experience in human resources preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in HR systems
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- PHR certification a plus
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.