What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Copywriter Role
Our copywriters are responsible for writing compelling copy for marketing projects and campaigns in support of Pampered Chef products, experiences, and services for consultants and end consumers. The ideal candidate for this role understands our target audience and can create creative, strategic, on-brand content that’s compelling and action-oriented. This person is an important member our marketing team, and reports to the Manager, Brand & Content.
As a member of the brand and creative team, you can expect:
- Variety – Writing responsibilities include website and blog content, email content, catalog content, product use & cares, social media content, training material for consultants, party experience content, and more.
- Collaboration – You’ll work with key stakeholders to determine content positioning, and you’ll make recommendations on editorial content, creative direction and pagination.
- Ownership – You’ll be expected to own a piece of content from start to finish. You’ll do research, conduct interviews, write copy, copyedit and proofread.
- Consistency – Expect to collaborate with members of the content team to define and implement editorial-style standards.
- Personal development – You’ll learn how to create compelling, actionable copy that results in increased sales and recruiting, expanding your skills from a copywriter to a content marketer.
- Forward-thinking strategy – We use a data-based approach to developing content strategy, and we follow best practices for content creation for digital platforms and optimize copy for SEO.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Creative writing skills and the ability to produce clean copy under tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of grammar, copyediting, proofreading, and AP style.
- Communication skills that allow you to get points across clearly and concisely.
- Thorough understanding of marketing copywriting principles and content marketing objectives.
- Superior organization skills required, including the ability to multitask.
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion for jumping into and understanding big projects.
- Business acumen that helps you understand direct selling and marketing objectives.
- Passion for storytelling, content marketing, and copywriting. Understanding graphic design principles and how to write for SEO highly valued.
- B.A. in Journalism, English, Marketing Communication or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years experience as a writer and/or editor, preferably in an agency, corporate or consumer products environment.
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.