This role is for someone who wants the challenge of building our corporate development function from scratch. You will be responsible for creating a repeatable process to identify, evaluate, and execute investment and business partnership opportunities. It is a great opportunity to take ownership, work closely with our senior executives, and build a world-class process that drives sustainable value creation. This position reports to our CFO.
- Market assessment: Develop deep understanding of selected markets for potential expansion including key economic drivers, market size and growth, competitive landscape, and sources of competitive advantage
- Source: Create search process that includes building in-bound funnel and direct outreach to target businesses; identify and build relationships with key corporate development targets and intermediaries
- Evaluate and Execute: Partner with senior leadership team to define and deploy investment process including due diligence, valuation, negotiation, structuring, and closing
- Post-close plan: Understand and monitor post-close performance to create a cycle of continuous learning; actively monitor post-close performance and partner with relevant teams to ensure success
- Strategic projects: Own and deliver key strategic projects across the business
- Proven track record of sourcing, executing, and integrating M&A transactions
- World-class analytical, problem solving, and valuation skills with the ability to synthesize and analyze data to support investment process
- Deep understanding of business models, key drivers, and competitive advantage
- An ownership mindset coupled with strong communication skills and work ethic
- Prefer MBA and 4+ years of total work experience in private equity or corporate development
What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.