What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
What’s Awesome about you
- Exceptional Red Hat Linux System Administrator with interest and aptitude to work on the Networking side.
- Proactive about incident and problem management with a knack for tracking down the root cause for an issue and putting in a long-term fix. Focused on moving from break-fix to innovation by automating processes.
- Passionate about technology and looking to innovate and move the business forward.
- Advocate for wider adoption of new technology and ability to mentor business units.
- Excellent at designing, securing, and supporting highly virtualized IT infrastructure, Linux Servers, SANs, Storage, firewalls, VPN, and load balancers.
- Strong influencing skills and appetite for constant progression.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you can expect:
- Innovation and collaboration -
- You’ll design, configure, and tune highly available Red Hat Linux Systems.
- You’ll achieve speed, scale and consistency by standardization and automation of systems via scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell) and automation platform (Puppet).
- You’ll collaborate with the Engineering team to work on DevOps/ CloudOps initiatives designed to allow us to have CI/CD on our hybrid cloud model (on premise and public cloud).
- You’ll collaborate with the Network Engineer to re-architect the Infrastructure and build a secure, redundant, high performance system.
- IT Operations -
- You’ll perform modification, administration, and hardening of Red Hat Linux servers in a VMware virtualized environment. Maintaining high availability, high performance for mission critical applications.
- You’ll Perform software deployment, patch management and configuration management.
- You’ll setup administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, perform system tuning and storage administration (Pure).
- You’ll support Network engineer in f5 load balancer and ASA firewall administration.
- You’ll perform routine operations, ensuring high availability through close monitoring of network systems, system events, communication links to other systems, storage area connectivity and periodic review of system resources.
- You’ll provide on-call support triage production issues, diagnose the issue, and implement long term resolution.
- Ownership - You’ll be accountable for a resilient, high availability infrastructure, and consolidate monitoring tools to allow us to proactively identify and resolve issue. You’ll benchmark our key metrics and drive continuous service improvement.
- Collaboration - You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across the company on new technology initiatives and IT Infrastructure re-architecture projects.
- Personal development - You’ll work in a high performing environment, which focusses on building cross functional skills.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- 8+ years of System Administration experience.
- In lieu of degree, equivalent computer systems support experience required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- RHEL Certifications, such as: RHCSA, RHCE.
- Network Certifications, such as: CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE
- Experience deploying Linux on Rack mount servers and blades.
- Experience setting up and deploying systems with Red Hat Satellite.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced configurations such as high availability, clusters, virtualization (VMware), and performance tuning.
- Experience supporting J2EE applications and RDBMS.
- Understanding of network physical infrastructure such as patch panels, fiber cabling and network cable termination.
- Familiarity with Network/systems and application monitoring tools such as: PRTG, Splunk, AppDynamics, Wireshark, HP Insight Manager, etc.
- Datacenter Infrastructure experience with installation, design and maintenance of racks and cabling.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and incident support as required.
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.