Accounts Payables Lead
What makes Pampered Chef unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Accounts Payable Lead Role
The AP Lead will work directly with the AP Manager and AP team to ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing for all aspects of accounts payables for the company. You will challenge the current processes and drive new efficiencies. As the AP lead you will manage projects and provide leadership to the team and help create an environment of continued improvement. If you know what success looks like and want to test out new ideas and challenge the status quo, this may be the perfect opportunity.
- Take the lead to coordinate, prioritize and assist in managing the daily accounts payable processing activities such as data entry, 2-3-way match, expense report processing, ensuring timely payments, resolving discrepancies, meeting deadlines, providing metrics etc.
- Coordinate and assist with the month/year end activities such as journal entries, accruals, close process
- Manage the 1099 process
- Develop and implement processes and work cross functionally to develop methods that close efficiency gaps
- Provide support and direction, to AP Manager and be a team lead
- Create an environment of continuous improvement for the AP process and team
- Provide evaluations and feedback on team members
- Help manage meeting the department objectives
- Assist with system upgrades, implementation, and testing of systems
- Manage and prioritize projects
- Provide cross training and ensure all written processes and procedures are current
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and are being followed
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to systems and policies
- Any other AP related duties as assigned
As a member of the Accounts Payable team, you can expect:
- Intellectual stimulation – You’ll learn the operations of our business and dig into our processes
- Shaping the future – We’re moving forward and you’ll help shape and make improvement to processes
- Ownership – We act like owners, which means you are empowered and own your work
- Personal development – We’re committed to helping you develop in new areas and new skillsets
- Meritocracy – You can expect rewards based on delivering great results
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for continuous improvement in self and processes
- Attention to details and a commitment to meet deadlines despite hindrances
- Computer skills to process data quickly and flawlessly
- Communication skills to work effectively with all levels within the organization
- Proactive & Creative thinking to seek out best practices and challenge the status quo
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do, readiness to go the extra mile
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team
What we’d love to see in a candidate:
- HS diploma plus 4 years in a business environment (3 years AP experience)
- Leader mindset!
- Be ready to talk about your success stories around process improvements and project management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle experience a plus
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.
If this sounds like a potential fit for you then we’d love to hear from you!