What makes Pampered Chef unique:
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Financial Services and Risk Management Specialist Role:
The Financial Services and Risk Management team is a specialized group within our call center. We handle collections, bank account management, credit card transaction inquiry and disputes, product feedback, demonstrator’s liability insurance inquiries, and escalations pertaining to non-receipt of refunds and other payment issues.
As a Specialist, you will:
- Handle incoming consultant/customer inquiries via phone queue and e-mail relating to outstanding balances, order payment account and direct deposit programs, payment inquiry or issues, etc.
- Outbound calls/e-mails to collect outstanding balances.
- Creates invoices or receipts in Oracle. Reconciles all entries daily to ensure accuracy and completion. Processes consultant payments through an on-line credit card processing system. Must maintain confidentiality and uphold all company policies regarding PCI Compliance.
- Assist with Personal Website issues relating to NSF situations, cancellations and general policy and procedure questions.
- Recommends accounts for Termination due to unpaid balances. Prepares placement of accounts to outside collection agency and contacts the agency as needed to report payments, account updates, etc.
- Handles payment/refund issues from consultants, customers or other internal departments. Extensive research may be required to provide accurate and thorough details. Follow up as needed.
- Tracks and resolves any duplicate authorization issues that may occur due to system errors. Works with bank to remove duplicate authorizations from account and follows up with consultant or customer accordingly. Handles sending of apology gifts in situations deemed necessary.
- Handles entry of new applications and/or account changes for the order payment account and direct deposit programs. Ensures confidentiality when handling bank account details.
- Handles other department duties as needed such as: Conference registration collection; verifying funds for large dollar orders; entering misc. payments or refunds; PC dollar printing or account updates, etc.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting/AR type position with strong customer service skills or equivalent Pampered Chef experience.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality to handle calls with banks as well as follow all company PCI requirements.
- Ability to listen to customers and, with diplomacy and empathy, address their concerns toward resolution. Must be able to pacify irate callers and turn negative situations into positive ones.
- Ability to strive in a call center environment and balance phone work along with other tasks.
- Must meet or exceed the monthly department metrics including, Quality, Productivity and Collection dollars.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills required including Excel, MS Word. Experience with Windows, Internet and desktop software required. Oracle experience highly recommended.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.