MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities)
Our team's role is to bring both the "Art and Science" of sales to the direct selling channel at Pampered Chef.
The Field Training and Development team is focused on enabling consultants to learn the key business and selling skills to build and grow their Pampered Chef business.
You will lead our Field Training and Field Development teams, inspiring and motivating our thousands of independent Pampered Chef Consultants. You will drive strategic decisions across all things related to field training and development and also roll up your sleeves to execute.
You will be responsible for driving results by aligning field training and development with corporate strategy. You will also be energizing and motivating the field organization to grow while partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization. Our role goes well beyond just motivating the field – we’re a team that uses data and best practices to develop the most effective programs to help our field organization grow. This role reports directly to the VP of Field Strategy.
More specifically, this individual in this role:
- Inspires people: Is a dynamic and inspirational leader that can maneuver seamlessly in both a corporate and field environment
- Drives results: Delivers sales growth through leadership of the training and field development teams
- Drives strategy: Develop the overarching strategy for field training and development including competency models, core training strategy and field facing events and works closely with the Field Strategy team to develop strategic plans including prioritization, budgeting, and allocation of resources
- Builds alignment: Ensures content and messaging is aligned across core training curriculum and live training delivered by field development managers
- Has passion: Connects, motivates and inspires the field by motivating independent business owners as true entrepreneurs; Deliver training including calls, webinars, Facebook Live, Zoom, field visits and speaking on stage at our National Conference and in-person field events
- Is data driven: Leverages available data and research to inform strategy before jumping to tactical execution
- Is tech savvy: Guide the team to the identification and implementation of appropriate field-based training technology
- Collaborates: Bridge the gap between corporate strategy and field execution while representing the voice of the field internally to cross-functional departments- Product, Technology, Marketing and Operations
- Inspires: Recognizes the field for key field recognition milestones to top achievers via our field recognition program
KEY INGREDIENTS (Position Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree, 10+ years of professional experience, with at least some relevant experience with independent sales teams in selling and training development
- Drives results: Demonstrated success as a sales leader required – must include experience in the corporate office
- Loves learning: Experience leading the design and development of training, including the design of virtual content and social selling
- Dislikes the status quo: brings new ideas into direct selling – not just what every other company is doing
- Innovates: Work well under pressure and with creating new and innovative programs
- Hungers for challenges: Strives for continuous improvement and a desired to be challenged
- Is comfortable in the limelight: Excellent motivational interpersonal and oral presentation skills as well as the demonstrated ability to communicate difficult, highly confidential and sensitive issues with courtesy and tact
- Likes to travel: This job requires regular travel: ~1 trip/month plus 2-4 national events annually. Many field events are held partially over a weekend.
- This role has a 60% corporate/40% field split and is based in Addison, IL.
DESSERT! (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef!)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers and then making it happen – our entrepreneurial employees are key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting edge technology, small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment – We want you to learn from us and we expect to learn from you and what you are passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brain power.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance and Onsite fitness center, comfy chairs, onsite cafeteria, dry cleaning valet service
- Most Importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around their table.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.